Pure Profile - A review



Pure Profile is a site open to people in a range of countries around the world.  It’s been operating since 2000, and is one of my favourite sites for earning extra cash.
The first step is to register, which is easy!

Just register here: http://pureprofile.com

To register, you need to be over 13 years of age.  Aside from that, you just need to provide your name, date of birth, location and email address.

Once registered, you need to set up your profile by answering questions about a range of topics (age, gender, interests, whether you wear glasses or contacts, whether you smoke etc).  This is really important, as it helps match content that is relevant to you, and I’ve found that the more questions I’ve answered (ie. the more ‘complete’ my profile is) the more paid content I receive.

How do you earn cash?
Once your account is all set up, content will become available when you click on your ‘next’ button


The content varies, which is one of the things that sets it apart from sites that just offer surveys.  Some of the content that I’ve received in the past has included:

1. Surveys
Some are short surveys (~10 minutes), some are longer (~20 minutes) and I’ve had one that required me to record information over a 7-day-period.  I’ve also received surveys to screen applicants for participation in research groups to be held in specific locations (payment is usually very good for these, if selected)


The surveys are usually quite enjoyable, and some are interactive (I’ve done several surveys that have included videos and even one which required webcam to watch my reaction to a commercial!).  Often companies or organisations are looking for feedback on new products or new TV commercials.  I love being able to give input and then seeing the product in a store or TV commercial screen a few months later.

An amount is added to your account total once you complete the survey and you return to the PureProfile page.  If you are screened out of the survey after answering the first set of questions, you also receive a small amount, added to your account total.

2. YouTube videos
Sometimes I’ve had YouTube videos on my ‘next button’ page.  These are great fun and always really interesting.  There are songs, commercials, and sometimes videos about new products and technology or charitable organisations.  


After watching the video, simply click the button at the end to receive your payment.

3. Website visits
These require you to click through to a website.  some simply require you to visit the site, whereas others require you to enter a competition on the website or join up (for free) to the website.  Once again, these are really varied and good fun.  I’ve found some really good sites that I hadn’t previously heard of through these campaigns too.



Free Content
This is unpaid content, and includes quick questions to update your profile and ‘Stat of the Week’ questions.  The ‘Stat of the Week’ results appear on the page when you reach the end of your ‘Next’ button campaigns.




How much do you earn?
Surveys generally pay a couple of dollars, up to around $4.00, depending on the length.
If you’re screened out, you usually receive 0.05 or 0.10 cents.
Viewing a youtube clip or website generally pays 0.05 – 0.10 cents as well.
Longer surveys (where you record information over several days or attend a session to give your views in person) pay very well.  I’ve only participated in one so far.
My last pay-out was nearly $40 which was over several months.  While it may not seem like a lot, if you complete surveys once a week for a year, and then request a cash-out in November the extra cash could definitely come in handy at Christmas time.

What’s good about Pure Profile?
You’re paid in real dollars and cents, not points as some of the other sites do.  This way you can easily keep track of how much you’ve earned.  For Australian members, payment is via bank account deposit, and there is a minimum of $25 cash-out and a maximum cash-out of $50 per 60 days.  I’ve redeemed my earnings to my bank account a couple of times and payment was received without any issues.



It’s safe.  For those worried about being paid by bank account transfer, PureProfile has a very clear security and privacy policy and states that they will ensure your bank account details are kept safe.  I have also not had any issues since disclosing my bank account details, and received my payments without any problems.

You can get paid for referring friends!  Simply click on ‘referrals’ and you can send an email to a friend, to ask them to join.  Once they join and complete two surveys within 30 days of joining, you’ll be paid $2 (provided they reside in the same country as you do).


Extra Tips
Keep you profile updated!  It took me a while to initially get surveys, but once my profile was completed, I started receiving them frequently.  Remember to update your details when you move too!  Some surveys target people in particular areas, so if you’ve moved interstate, for example, and not updated your profile, you may be excluded from some surveys.


Be honest.  Many of the survey companies conduct ‘checks’ to make sure that your information is consistent, so if you randomly select answers throughout the survey to get it done quickly, chances are you’ll get sprung.  Take your time, and try and be as honestly as possible.  It’s also good to provide detail when text boxes are provided for answers – for example, if I get a question asking why I haven't previously bought a particular product, I’ll try and answer in as much detail as possible.


Overall, it’s a fresh and modern site, and one that I recommend.  The site is bright, clear and easy to navigate.  The campaigns are relevant and interesting, and, as always  the extra cash is handy.  Once registered, it’s easy to log on each day and check for new content.

Comments

Popular Posts